- This event has passed.
Away Weekend Retreat : Clarity & Inner Peace @ Thirsty Falls Guest Farm
18th Mar 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 21st Mar 2022 @ 10:30 am
Join us for an Away Weekend Meditation Retreat to discover the inner clarity of your mind and the happiness and inner peace that lies with you. Learn techniques to quieten the busy-ness of your thoughts and absorb the practice of meditation on the mind itself. There will be parts of the Retreat where gentle silence can be observed.
The Retreat takes place at Thirsty Falls Guest Farm in the Magaliesburg, 90 minutes drive from Johannesburg or Pretoria.
The Retreat will be guided by Gen Kelsang Mila, Resident Teacher of Vajrapani Kadampa Buddhist Centre, Criaighall, Johannesburg.
About the Venue:
Cradled amidst the rugged splendor of the African bush and cliffs as a backdrop, Thirsty Falls offers spectacular views and absolute privacy in a tranquil environment. The name Thirsty Falls is derived from the many waterfalls , high in the cliffs above they appear during the Highveld thunderstorms, with the waters soon “vanishing ” into the underground caverns.
The sessions are approximately 75 minutes and combine practical instruction and guided meditations that will allow you to:
- connect with an experience of true inner peace
- develop basic techniques that will help you to create a consistent habit of a personal meditation practice
- leave with practical tools to apply effective techniques that you have learned to your daily life
During the Breaks
Between sessions you can relax and unwind by carrying your experience of peace in the following ways:s that will allow you to:
- enjoy the beauty of nature and the tranquility of Thirsty Falls guest farm
- connect and discuss with positive, like-minded people
- nourish yourself with refreshing cool drinks and healthy snacks from our pop up store
- explore our bookstore and gift shop
Price: Three nights accommodation, all meals, and retreat sessions, single room, bathroom en suite – R 2950 p/person or shared R 2750p/person. Friends can share a room as chalets also have 2 single beds in a room with its own bathroom. Secure parking.
Book now firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Lise on 078 130 2353.