How to feel connected to the Vajrapani Community during Covid -19
- We would love to see you join a class 15 minutes before time, where you can chat with your fellow Sangha.
- Turn on your video for the first and last five minutes of the class, course or retreat.
- You are also invited for a virtual tea and a chat after class to meet the teacher and ask any questions you may have.
- Please feel free to use the Zoom chat box to ask a question during the class or raise your hand. All questions are welcomed
- Join our monthly *New Member Orientation * -Tuesday from 17:30 to 18:00.
If you have recently become a member please join us for an information session on Zoom where any questions you may have can be discussed.
- To contact the Resident Teacher, Gen Mila please email her on email@example.com for any spiritual questions you may have.
Introduction to the New Meditation Handbook
About the new The New Meditation Handbook. This practical guide to meditation teaches us how to make ourself and others happy by developing inner peace, and in this way make our lives more meaningful.
Without inner peace there is no real happiness at all. Problems, suffering and unhappiness do not exist outside the mind; they are feelings and thus part of our mind.
Therefore, it is only by controlling our mind that we can permanently stop our problems and make ourself and others truly happy.
The Joy of Taking and Giving
In this series, continuing with Universal Compassion by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, we will look at the meditations and practice of Taking and Giving.
There are four main benefits of the meditations on taking and giving: they are powerful methods (1) to purify the potentialities of non-virtuous actions that cause us to experience incurable diseases such as cancer; (2) to accumulate a great collection of merit; (3) to ripen our potentiality to be able to benefit all living beings; and (4) to purify our mind.
Everyone is Welcome.
Meditation is Essential for Human Happiness.
So, we need to practice meditation. The reason is very simple, meditation makes our mind peaceful and when our mind is peaceful, we are happy all the time whatever circumstances we find ourselves in.
Learn to Meditate
Taking Away Suffering
A kind heart is a special mental attitude that cherishes other people at least as much as we cherish ourselves. This is a practical meditation on compassion, which is a sincere wish to protect others from suffering.
We think of the suffering, problems and fears others experience and how they long to be free from them. We visualise other people being completely free from this suffering which gives rise to an experience of deep inner peace and joy.
TIME: 12:00 – 12:30
TEACHER: Alex Allmann
BOOKING LINK: CLICK HERE
How to Improve your Meditation
A successful meditation practise does not solely rely on what we do when we are sitting on the meditation cushion. Indeed, a successful meditation practice largely relies on what we do with our mind in our day-to-day activities.
Most of our day is spent outside of meditation and as such if we allow our minds to run free during this period it is very hard for us to develop deep levels of concentration during our meditations. We as such need to learn Buddha’s profound methods on how to train our mind during the day, so that all our meditation sessions will be successful and be a true cause of inner peace.
Join us for this Sunday series, where you will be led in guided meditations and practical teachings on Buddha’s profound teachings. Everybody is welcome and will benefit from attending such sessions.
No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Please contact the Admin Director to make a suitable arrangement: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow these Easy Steps to Register for a class
Our online classes are held online via Zoom.
Follow these Easy Steps to Register for a class:
- Click the “Click Here” link for the class you would like to attend;
- Wait to be redirected to Quicket and once there buy a ticket;
- Once you have paid, the ticket that is emailed to you will contain the Meeting for the Zoom call;
- Use the Zoom app and Join a Meeting using the Meeting ID (You do not need to sign into Zoom).
For further information on our online classes please email: email@example.com