How to feel connected to the Vajrapani Community during Covid -19
- We would love to see you join a class 15 minutes before time, where you can chat with your fellow Sangha.
- Turn on your video for the first and last five minutes of the class, course or retreat.
- You are also invited for a virtual tea and a chat after class to meet the teacher and ask any questions you may have.
- Please feel free to use the Zoom chat box to ask a question during the class or raise your hand. All questions are welcomed
- Join our monthly *New Member Orientation * -Tuesday from 17:30 to 18:00.
If you have recently become a member please join us for an information session on Zoom where any questions you may have can be discussed.
- To contact the Resident Teacher, Gen Mila please email her on firstname.lastname@example.org for any spiritual questions you may have.
Introduction to Buddhism
About the book " Introduction to Buddhism "
Beginning with Buddha’s life story, this concise guide explains the essential elements of the Buddhist way of life, such as understanding the mind, rebirth, karma and ultimate truth, and what it means to be a Buddhist. Meditation is explained clearly and simply as a tool for developing qualities such as inner peace, love and patience. The emphasis throughout is on the practical application of Buddhist ideas and practice to finding solutions to everyday problems. Those interested in Buddhism and meditation will find this book a rich source of guidance and inspiration.
How to Change?
In this series Gen Mila will be introducing the necessary conditions on how to change, called the five forces.
To fulfill our deepest wish – to attain lasting happiness and complete freedom from suffering, these cannot be attained by external means, such as the acquisition of material wealth.
Meditation is not only medicine, but a recipe for happiness. We will be looking at the various states of mind, views and attitudes to cultivate to bring about happiness for our self and others.
Referenced book Universal Compassion.
Meditation is Essential for Human Happiness.
So, we need to practice meditation. The reason is very simple, meditation makes our mind peaceful and when our mind is peaceful, we are happy all the time whatever circumstances we find ourselves in.
Awakening our Buddha Nature
Through learning and practising the meditations Buddha taught in the great scope teachings, our mind will become more balanced and calm, our relationships will gradually improve and we will begin to relate to ourselves and others with more love, compassion and wisdom.
Join Buddhist Nun, Gen Kelsang Mila, on this journey of self-discovery bringing great meaning to your life this year.
We hope you can join us.
The book being referenced is the New Meditation Handbook by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, available in our shop.
No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Please contact the Admin Director to make a suitable arrangement: email@example.com
Follow these Easy Steps to Register for a class
Our online classes are held online via Zoom.
Follow these Easy Steps to Register for a class:
- Click the “Click Here” link for the class you would like to attend;
- Wait to be redirected to Quicket and once there buy a ticket;
- Once you have paid, the ticket that is emailed to you will contain the Meeting for the Zoom call;
- Use the Zoom app and Join a Meeting using the Meeting ID (You do not need to sign into Zoom).
For further information on our online classes please email: firstname.lastname@example.org