How to feel connected to the Vajrapani Community during Covid -19
- We would love to see you join a class 15 minutes before time, where you can chat with your fellow Sangha.
- Turn on your video for the first and last five minutes of the class, course or retreat.
- You are also invited for a virtual tea and a chat after class to meet the teacher and ask any questions you may have.
- Please feel free to use the Zoom chat box to ask a question during the class or raise your hand. All questions are welcomed
- Join our monthly *New Member Orientation * -Tuesday from 17:30 to 18:00.
If you have recently become a member please join us for an information session on Zoom where any questions you may have can be discussed.
- To contact the Resident Teacher, Gen Mila please email her on firstname.lastname@example.org for any spiritual questions you may have.
Introduction to the New Meditation Handbook
About the new The New Meditation Handbook. This practical guide to meditation teaches us how to make ourself and others happy by developing inner peace, and in this way make our lives more meaningful.
Without inner peace there is no real happiness at all. Problems, suffering and unhappiness do not exist outside the mind; they are feelings and thus part of our mind.
Therefore, it is only by controlling our mind that we can permanently stop our problems and make ourself and others truly happy.
(Online & In-Person)
So many people are experiencing grief now, eventually we too will have to face the loss of loved ones, and our own death. The Buddhist understanding of death and dying is enormously beneficial. It is based on understandings from those who have directly experienced the indestructible nature of the mind and that has been affirmed by practitioners over many generations.
In this series Gen Kelsang Mila will share Buddha’s advice on not only how to deal skilfully with our grief but also help those who are dying or have died. In particular it will allow us to acknowledge our own impermanence and empower us to truly make the most of our lives, to live and die joyfully and meaningfully.
Everyone is Welcome!
Meditation is Essential for Human Happiness.
So, we need to practice meditation. The reason is very simple, meditation makes our mind peaceful and when our mind is peaceful, we are happy all the time whatever circumstances we find ourselves in.
(Online & In-Person)
Simply Meditate Class
“Through learning to love everyone, we can solve all our daily problems of anger and jealousy and our life will become happy and meaningful” How to Transform Your Life – Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.
Each class consists of a guided meditation to calm the mind, a short talk on the topic , then a final meditation to apply the advice you received, helping you to meditate on your own.
Questions and Answers
A practical tip on how to keep a relaxed and peaceful mind.
(Online & In-Person)
Letting Go of Anxiety
We all have within us the seeds of doubt, worry and confusion. Especially right now during these unsettling times, it is very easy for our mind to develop harmful thoughts and feelings.
Buddha’s skilfully explained that through understanding how the mind functions we have the opportunity to transform a mind which is weighed down with doubts and worries, into a mind which is full of peace, happiness and love.
Through going inwards and understanding the nature of the mind instead of feeling overwhelmed or disempowered we can develop supreme inner confidence based on realistic views of ourself and the world around us.
This series will look at how we can use tried and tested Buddhist meditation techniques to let go of our worries and replace them with positive, constructive views that lead us to the development of profound experiences of deep and lasting inner peace.
No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Please contact the Admin Director to make a suitable arrangement: email@example.com
Follow these Easy Steps to Register for a class
Our online classes are held online via Zoom.
Follow these Easy Steps to Register for a class:
- Click the “Click Here” link for the class you would like to attend;
- Wait to be redirected to Quicket and once there buy a ticket;
- Once you have paid, the ticket that is emailed to you will contain the Meeting for the Zoom call;
- Use the Zoom app and Join a Meeting using the Meeting ID (You do not need to sign into Zoom).
For further information on our online classes please email: firstname.lastname@example.org